April 16th, 2018
Summary of Japanese Prototype
Regardless of the part or assembly that needs to be manufactured, a critical step in the production process is prototyping. For simple and complex parts and assemblies, as well as small and large volume runs, prototyping provides a “trial run” of the item to be manufactured.
Globaltech Ventures is a leader in the industry of design, development, engineering, and manufacturing of parts and assemblies made from both high quality plastics and metals. However, this company takes a unique approach with established partnerships in different Asian countries. Specific to prototyping, the company can have a Japanese prototype created for less money and faster turnaround but without compromise of quality.
Benefits of Prototyping
There are numerous benefits that go hand-in-hand with a Japanese prototype, with examples provided below:
- A prototype provides the customer with a physical part or assembly to gain an actual feel of the finished product. In some cases, the prototype actually helps the customer gain a better understand of exact requirements. In other words, a customer may have a prototype made according to perceived requirements only to discover something different is actually needed.
- There is also a huge cost savings benefit. Instead of having multiple parts or assemblies manufactured only to discover a design flaw, the prototype allows changes to be made prior to mass production. Ultimately, this saves money because of reduced labor costs, manufacturing processes, and even time in having the items produced.
- This prototype is a working model that can be used repeatedly. Simply put, initial production can be completed based on the prototype but then if the customer needs additional parts or assemblies in the future, the “blueprint” already exists.
- Prototyping allows for customer interaction. Most customers appreciate having the opportunity to be included in the development of their product from beginning to end while having the technical aspect of production to professionals.
- With a Japanese prototype, errors can also be detected prior to production. For instance, after a part or assembly has been prototyped, some type of flaw might be detected having to do with design or even processing.
- A Japanese prototype can be created using conventional and rapid prototyping processes. The latter consists of a 3D model that is more visual for inspection, analysis, and testing.